The Malaysia International Carnatic Music Festival (MYICMF) had its inaugural year in 2019.
The event comprises of 3 pillars: Concerts, Conferences and Competitions and focus on 3 outcomes which are Entertainment, Education and Excellence to provide its beneficiaries a privilege to experience the treasures of a profound heritage.
MYICMF strongly feels that art has a pivotal role in the creation of healthy minds, and hence through its meaningful activities it is contributing to build a healthy mind, and a healthy peaceful society.
• Bringing together artistes, practitioners and students and lovers of carnatic music in a common platform
• A platform to promote arts and culture as a meaningful asset in the community
• Encourage the younger generation to learn the tradition and culture as well as intercultural respect which will help maintain unity in the community.
• Creation of healthy minds, and hence through its meaningful activities it is contributing to build a healthy mind, and a healthy peaceful society.
• Creating an esteemed identity of Malaysian Indians on an international platform.
• Creation of a well-balanced community of Malaysians who have intercultural respect and appreciation towards arts and culture.
• Malaysia as a destination for Indian traditional music from the Asian diaspora.
SUGAM is a non-profit organization formed in 2003, aimed at societal transformation through arts and culture.
SUGAM believes in long-term sustainable growth and giving back to society. Its initiatives are aimed at empowering communities in a transparent, measurable and accountable way to enable them to be independent and enhance development.
We strive to create real and lasting positive social changes for Malaysia through our work in the focus areas of Arts and Culture. Apart from promoting arts and culture and carrying out outreach programmes for the underprivileged, SUGAM also realises its mission through its teaching schools, Sugam Karnatica and Sugam Samskhaaraa.
For more information on us, please visit our website www.sugam.orgVIEW MORE
As a growing organisation with limited resources, the Festival Committee depends on your generosity to sustain the MYCIMF to allow more people to appreciate this rich and diverse art form that we love.
There are various ways to contribute to the Festival. You can contribute cash through bank transfer or cheque. Any amount is accepted with a warm heart.
For Companies who sponsor, you will be eligible for tax exemption under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia.
How to sponsor?
Step 1: Fill in the Sponsorship Form below
Step 2: Make payments via bank transfer or by cheque to:
Account Name: Sugam Culture & Heritage Berhad
Account Number: 5641 6443 6231
Step 3: Email the bank-in slip to email@example.com with your FULL NAME as reference.